How to get party ready skin
Party season is about to kick off with a bang. With invitations coming in thick and fast you need to make sure that your skin is glowing and radiant for all those nights out.
Getting party ready skin can be hard. Late nights, alcohol and makeup can make your skin look dull, tired and dehydrated. But if you try to follow a strict skincare routine every day, your skin can beat the odds, look fresh and ready for a night out.
- Always, always, always remove your makeup before sleeping. Use a gentle cleanser and wipes to remove your makeup and then use a toner and moisturiser before you get into bed. Dedicate at least 15 minutes each day to care for your skin and you will not regret it.
- Ideally, you should try and get 8 hours of sleep a day to keep your body and skin well-rested and rejuvenated. Of course, it’s party time so sleep might not be high on your priority list, but if possible, try and get as much shut eye as possible.
- Don’t forget to drink water; at least 8 glasses per day, especially if you are going out in the evening. Hydrating your body will give your complexion a healthy boost. If you have had a night out with perhaps some alcohol in the mix, hydrate yourself well the next day. Alcohol has a dehydrating effect on your body and especially your skin and interrupts your sleep patterns which can make dark circles under the eyes appear worse.
- It is very difficult to control what you eat during the festive season. Breakfast is probably one of the only meals that you can take sole charge of. So be mindful of what you eat in the mornings. Poor nutrition could result in breakouts and spots. Include wholemeal cereals and toasts, vitamin c rich foods like fresh orange juice and other fruits in your diet.
- Give your skin a break when you are not in party mode. Try and be as makeup-free as possible. Go natural giving your skin some breathing space and downtime to recover from the makeup. Don’t forget to tone and moisturise your skin and swap your usual lipstick for a moisturising lip balm with SPF if possible.
And finally, have fun… let your hair down and enjoy yourself. Your glowing skin will give you the confidence to be the life of the party.